Ethicon, Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Site Ambassador, to be located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Under general supervision and in accordance to prescribed procedures and requirements provides administrative support to plant site. Provides function specific support to projects and processes such as new hire/I-9s, working as the onsite records coordinator for historical personnel records and managing the partnership with Company Record Center for present and future records. The Site Ambassador also administers union contract where it pertains to transactional issues, including Kronos time & attendance, and works as a liaison to temp services and their employees. Assists with union projects and coordinates union activities flow of work through the plant.
Answers routine inquiries, performs work with a basic understanding of procedures and processes in different respective functions. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
After a suitable training period, this individual must have an understanding of processes and a working knowledge of the related transactional action that completes process in multiple functions.
Management of the new hire I9 process including:
Reach out to new employee prior to start after clear for hire
• Provide a time and place to meet and collect I-9
• Offer alternative options for remote employees
Hiring Manager email:
• Verify the correct location and start date
• If not correct - advise them to contact the recruiter to have the position updated
• Provide meeting details for I-9 collection
Collect and Certify I-9 form:
• Ensure section 1 and 2 are completed correctly
• All fields completed with information or N/A
• Correct date and date format (mm/dd/yyyy)
• Supporting document information must be in correct columns (A or B&C)
• Section 1 must be completed on day 1
• Indicate whether a preparer/translator was used
• Copy supporting documents and return original supporting documents
• Complete certification on section 2 – sign and date with company information
• Section 2 must be completed and certified by day 3
Complete eVerify requests:
• Scan I-9/supporting documents to be processed
• Forward completed I-9 to Company Records Coordinator by Thursday after hire
• Maintain required EEOC posters at site as well as required bulletin board postings
Functioning as the HR Records Coordinator for Historical/Discipline/Personnel Documents:
• Coordinate the management of documentation of attendance, quality, safety and performance discipline as well as union appraisal reviews.
• Manage the historical personnel records with San Angelo archives and future records with Company Record Center.
Management of the Temp to Hire Process:
• Foster relationship with temp agency and give direction on all areas of first day logistics for temporary employee
• Maintains relationship with temp recruiters and focuses on outreach to candidates
• Schedule temp candidates for interviews across 4 rotations with appropriate Sponsor and Union Representative present
Supporting Union Contract Management:
This position encompasses the following duties: managing the transactional items of the union contract as it relates to hourly wage, seniority rights/rules, job seniority/job move dates, job bid procedure, training associates on career connections for job bidding, attendance policy, discipline database and records. This role requires WorkKey score verification on all employee movements and also includes being the primary contact for supervisor and employee inquiries relating to union wages, training pay, sick/vacation leave, shift, job bids, and general contract questions. Additionally, the Site Coordinator will work with labor relations for interpretation of contract.
• Manages the Kronos Time, Leave and Attendance System in accordance with current contract rules/policies. Coordinates with Corporate COE and Kronos Payroll Team on any system interfaces and processes as they relate to Union Time and Attendance.
• Process internal movements/promotions.
• Administers the union job bidding procedure.
• Manages the attendance model of Kronos, including tracking discipline and submitting reports for any non-conformances of discipline.
• Maintains database for disciplinary actions.Qualifications
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in administrative work
• Union shop experience preferred
• Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required
• Kronos experience preferred
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have analytical problem solving skills and professional judgment required to resolve issues
• Must have the ability to function in a team based environment
• Ability to perform difficult work when only general to limited instructions are available
• Provide directions and training to others as needed
• Ability to consistently manage a variety of tasks, some being very time consuming while under pressure of the process.
• The standard hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 800am-500pm, but will require flexibility to coordinate with other shifts (as early as 600am, as late as 600pm).
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function