DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest,
most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the
DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and
depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction,
trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools
and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies,
we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in
today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights
to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance
patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Spine is the Spine business offering a comprehensive
portfolio of spinal care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the
most complex spine disorders using traditional and minimally invasive
This position serves as a single point of accountability and is
responsible for delivering quality, safe, compliant and productive workplace
environments—across a site—with a high touch customer service orientation. Responsible for delivering facilities
maintenance operations, infrastructure management, space management, and on-
site employee and business services.
- Develop site-level customer
relationships with business units and serve as their facilities single point of
contact, understand their strategies and expectations and translate them into
workplace and business service solutions.
- Ensure efficient delivery of site
services, maintenance and utilities operations, project delivery, move services
and all facilities operations, utilizing an effective balance of internal
employees and service providers
- Provide leadership and guidance to
both internal employees and service providers in decision-making processes that
drive customer value
- Develop and monitor operational
budgets for both internal and contracted resources; responsible for operational
performance of service providers
- Understanding of and complete accruals
to support development of budget reports
- Ensure compliance with good
commercial, laboratory and manufacturing practices, and other regulations. Where appropriate, serve as primary site
liaison for EHS compliance.
- Implement business continuity plans,
Energy/Sustainability initiatives, and infrastructure management programs
- Support Strategic Facilities Planning
in delivering space planning and space management services to business units
and in tracking, allocating and reporting space costs by business unit
- Support Project Development and
Delivery teams on capital and infrastructure projects. Interface with business
units and contractors during planning and construction of large projects. For
small projects and normal moves, adds and changes, manage the projects directly.
- As appropriate work with the Workplace
Experience team on the delivery of consistent site amenities and employee
services, including fitness centers, daycare, parking, food, community gardens,
flexible working environments, and other business services
- With support from the EFM COE team,
devise and deploy the Maintenance Excellence program at the site level and
across the assigned geography
- Build and coordinate external
relationships with landlords, local, regional and state governments for site
and community relations
- Where appropriate, actively
participate in Site governance councils (at sites with multiple business groups
and/or no single site leadership position)
LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATION
- Provide change management leadership
to implement Enterprise Facilities strategies and initiatives at the site
- Establish a high performance and
continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, benchmarking
and sharing of best practices.
- Work collaboratively with
Regional lead to ensure alignment and
connectivity between and across regions
COMMUNICATIONS and Interactions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will interact
- Site Customer Leads, Enterprise
Facilities personnel at various levels, and counterparts in other J&J sites
- EFM Business Operations and EFM COE
- Key suppliers to manage day to day
operations and capital improvement projects
- Landlords, local, regional and state
governments for site and community relations
- Regulatory agency officials
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of
eight (8) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in leadership roles within
facilities management is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of facilities management
or related fields including GMP, EHS, and other regulatory standards,
compliance knowledge and maintenance and construction best practices is
- Contractor management is preferred.
- Project Management is preferred.
- Leadership capabilities including
talent development is preferred.
- Customer Relationship Management,
Supplier Relationship Management, Site Governance/Operations is preferred.
- Communications (written, oral and
verbal) with senior leadership is (required or preferred) Financial/budget
management is required.
- Adept in working in a matrix
organization is preferred.
- Ability to focus strategically while
maintaining a tactical/operational focus is preferred.
- Ability to lead a team of
professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and
technical areas is preferred.
- Ability to adapt emerging best
practices and industry innovations to Johnson & Johnson is preferred.
- Ability to lead diverse teams through
change and organizational transformation is or preferred.
- Must be mobile and able to independently
transport him/herself between various sites/locations required.
- This position is located in Monument
Colorado and requires up to 20% travel domestically.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your
work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function