Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Site Head - DMPK
in our Cambridge
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Site Head
working on the DMPK
team, you will be empowered to deliver quality small and large molecule clinical candidates and lead the department in support of drug development and discovery, and a typical day will include:
- The head of DMPK will work closely with the senior management of Research, peers and project teams to deliver quality small and large molecule clinical candidates.
- Lead the department in support of drug discovery and development spanning from medicinal chemistry and protein science support to pharmacology, biotransformation, in vitro ADME, in vivo DMPK and translation science groups with matrix support for Core Sciences.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Inspirationally leads, directs, oversees, coaches, develops, and motivates all DMPK scientists and staff
- Develops novel paradigms and techniques within DMPK and translational sciences to improve the success rate of pre-clinical candidates and advances them to clinical development and eventually to medically unmet patients.
- Develops and implements an overall vision for the DMPK group that is consistent with the mission and strategic objectives of Takeda drug discovery and core sciences
- Ensures all data package content aligned with Takeda affiliate needs
- Provides deep strategic leadership within the group
- Directs and integrates departmental activities to ensure individual drug discovery project objectives are met
- Plays a key role in creating and maintaining a nurturing research environment that encourages creativity, collaboration among scientists from different disciplines and organizations, and efficient utilization of resources.
- Proactively seeks out new impacting technologies and incorporates them into the company.
- Directs and integrates departmental activities to ensure the core science objectives are met
- Plays a significant leadership role in the management of cross-functional drug discovery or other research activities that contribute to drug discovery efforts
- Is responsible for the direct line management of the department team leaders and is accountable for their performance and career development
- Provides motivation/inspiration to colleagues and consistently communicates with scientists inside and outside the department to plan and optimize workflows
- Is responsible for setting and meeting department goals
- Initiates external collaborative arrangements and evaluations as required
- Responsible for creating the department budget and adhering to it in accordance with Takeda policy
- Coordinates the evaluation and review of data, the determination of problem solutions, project priorities and future strategies in multidisciplinary settings
- Has a demonstrated ability to successfully direct multiple projects simultaneously
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioanalytical Chemistry or a related field and a minimum of 15 years industry experience in a related field OR
- M.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioanalytical Chemistry or a related field and a minimum of 17 years industry experience in a related field OR
- B.S. in Chemistry and a minimum of 20 years industry experience in in the fields of Analytical Chemistry, ADME or DMPK.
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science and success in coordinating and executing research to further corporate goals
- Is an acknowledged expert in the field of analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry and/or DMPK
- Leadership experience of at least 10 years
- Presents research strategies formally to Research Committee
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- High multitasking capabilities
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.