Eaton, located in Mountain Home, Arkansas, has an opening for an IT Analyst in the Site Infrastructure Support organization.
The primary function of this position is to provide client infrastructure (PC, Laptop, PC/Laptop Peripheral, Mobile Device, Printers) support with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer. Customers include all of Eaton’s internal IT users within a specific geographic Zone. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLAs for Incident and Request resolution.
Additional responsibilities, also performed with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer, include the following:
Provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the Data Centers on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other infrastructure assets.
Site IT DR Plan and Site Profile annual refresh, bi-annual table-top walkthrough of IT DR Plans for Category 2 Sites, and participation in site BCM Workshops for sites within the geographic Zone.
Participation in IT initiatives that require site-level coordination, communication and/or implementation.
A. Deployment, configuration and 2nd/3rd level support of mobile devices, printers, PC/laptop hardware, PC/laptop operating system and standard productivity software for internal IT users at locations within a geographic Zone.
B. Follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management to serve internal IT users and drive high performance against operational metrics.
C. Share information about best practices with internal IT users to increase user satisfaction and productivity.
D. PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other IT assets.
E. Site IT DR Plan and Site Profile annual refresh, bi-annual table-top walkthrough of IT DR Plans for Category 2 Sites, and participation in site BCM Workshops for sites within the geographic Zone.
F. Participate in application, infrastructure, security and OpEx initiatives and support activities as needed related to site infrastructure that requires physical on-site presence, interaction with site personnel and/or expertise about site-based IT systems.
G. Provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the Data Centers on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
H. Assist with support of various site-based IT systems that are not supported by Enterprise IT teams. This varies widely from site to site.
I. Participate as part of a team related to trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT System issues. May also participate in efforts related to Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management.
J. Identify opportunities for process and technology improvement
K. Liaison between IT and internal IT users to drive IT standards and assist with resolving serious IT infrastructure issues.
L. Participate in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures and systems.
M. Influence IT budgeting, forecasting and spending for SIS and Site IT budgets.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit offered.
- Associate Degree in business or technology
- ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification
- A+ certification
- Cisco networking
- 5 plus years of IT experience supporting Windows operating systems and PCs
- Intermediate Level Knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Endpoint Devices – PC, Laptop, Mobile Devices, PC Peripherals
- Other IT Infrastructure (working knowledge) – network, servers, storage, phone systems
- Miscellaneous Equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
- Customer service
- Use of ticketing system and meeting Service Level Agreements
- IT Service Management - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Travel may be required, up to 10%.
- Intermediate level phone skills in order to provide support virtually.
- With minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer, participate in Merger and Acquisition activities such as site closure, opening and relocation.
- Work environment ranges from office to manufacturing floor situations.
- May be contacted after hours for emergencies.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.