Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on making a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking technology and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You'll be respected, you'll contribute to the bottom line and you'll help farmers feed the world.
The North America Supply Chain Organization at Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Site Lead to join our site Beaman, Iowa and Clarion, IA Soybean production facilities.
The Site Lead reports to the Crop Lead and Leads the Site Leadership Teams supporting plant and field operations, and supports the multi-site development creating improvement opportunities through participation and sponsorship of different functional initiatives and committees. The Site Lead has overall leadership responsibility for all site personnel and direct reporting responsibility for the Production Leads, and Quality & Compliance Managers. This leader is expected to drive results through high personal proficiency, delegation of tasks, coordinating the work of others, developing/coaching others, developing the team and collaborating regionally to innovate and improve processes. Leading and Championing initiatives to drive change is a key competency for this role.
The Site Lead will maintain a strong relationship with Crop Leadership and other Crop Site Leads to set strategic direction for each site and across sites. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
• Lead a team of professionals to deliver a reliable supply of quality seed and service to our customers
• Optimizes people performance and development through mentoring, coaching, training, recognition, creation of progression plans, appraisals/reviews, discipline, documentation, follow-up, and providing developmental opportunities
• Engage Site Leadership Team to create KPI's and track metrics to ensure budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met
• Work with colleagues to provide organizational and operational strategies for the North America Supply Chain organization.
• Manage a best-in-class safety program to ensure all activities are completed safely, both on and off-the-job.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement through innovation, focused on cost efficiency, speed of product delivery, and quality of product delivered
• Guide and facilitate site involvement to cultivate trust within the community Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years progressive work experience in manufacturing, production, operations management, or related area
- 5+ years of people management experience leading technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement and leading employees to success
- Highly developed people leadership, talent management, interpersonal skills including influencing, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, relationship management, and project management
- Must be able to provide timely and useful feedback within and outside the department
- Ability to interact and work with senior management meeting business deliverables
- Ability to manage change and multitask as necessary to meet business and/or customer deadlines
- Results oriented with the ability to make effective decisions after careful consideration of various courses of action and impact on various individuals and/or groups
- Practice candid dialogue to resolve differences of opinion and build stronger solutions
- Ability to promote new ideas for improving team performance
- Strong work ethic including initiative, honesty, integrity, and commitment to task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Take appropriate action to address performance management issues
- Ensure appropriate goals are established for all direct reports and teams completing periodic reviews
- Degree discipline in Agronomy, Ag Business, Business, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or related area.
- Experience leading a production/manufacturing site
- Experience in seed production; preferably in corn, soybean, cotton, etc.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Ideal candidate will be open to future relocation
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.