Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Site Leader - Lititz Plant, located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson has a family of companies consisting of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries. McNeil Consumer Healthcare is the largest over-the-counter pharmaceutical company in the United States, and leader around the world. Its primary product lines include brands such as: Listerine®, Desitin®, Ben Gay®, Lubriderm® as well as others. The position is based in Lititz, PA.
The Site Leader – Lititz Plant will:
• Responsible for managing all operations related to manufacturing, materials, facilities, distribution, engineering and maintenance to ensure smooth, continuous cost effective and controlled manufacture of products in support of the business’ forecast and inventory goals.
• Serves as a strategic leader for creativity, innovation, people development and compliance.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Lititz plant.
• Develop and execute operating plans that lead to the achievement of the mission elements.
• Provide direction and leadership for site operations including but not limited to: Manufacturing, Materials Management, Packaging, Engineering, and EHS. Provide leadership and guidance to supporting functions including Quality, HR, IT, and Finance through close collaboration.
• Work effectively with other sites on a global basis to share good practices and demonstrate mutual accountability for the success of all facilities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, regulators and other stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain an effective organization through effective selection, training, leadership and management.
• Sponsor and provide the leadership required to achieve the team objectives and contribute to the development of the team leader and members.
• Determine appropriate allocation of site resources
• Plan and integrate effective transfer of new products into manufacturing processes.
• Develop manufacturing cost reports, cost estimates, capacity planning, manpower and facility requirements to capitalize on new product bids.
• Be accountable for the assurance of proper operations of all manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Actively support the Lean initiatives within the Lititz site and ensure the achievement of challenging Lean objectives to improve the effectiveness of the organization.
• Make effective financial and operational decisions to positively impact both short and long-term site, US Area and group objectives.
• Create, establish and maintain an environment that promotes leader behaviors, teamwork and commitment at the site.
• Take an active leadership role representing the site and Company in the local community.
• Assure all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all safety and environmental regulations to achieve the best EHS performance in the industry.
• Evaluate and approve recommendations regarding equipment repair and/or replacement.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, with an ideal focus in chemistry, engineering, or a related technical discipline is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of direct related experience in manufacturing is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading a major manufacturing or quality operations function in a manufacturing plant is required.
• Proven experience leading cultural transformation and environment turnaround is required.
• Experience working in a Union based environment is highly preferred.
• Strong understanding of cGMPs and demonstrated success leading cGMP-compliant operations and interacting with regulators is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated capability to develop people is required.
• Demonstrated record of achievement with respect to the mission elements relating to quality, customer service, EHS, product cost, bringing new products to market, and new product introductions.
• Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Leader Behaviors.
• Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities; a successful track record developing strong leaders; and a commitment to mutual accountability.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude and attitude to get immersed in the resolution of technical challenges and technical advancements.
• Ability to understand and utilize financial analyses to make good decisions in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
• Process Excellence Certification is highly preferred.
• Broad project management skills is preferred.
• Broad negotiation skills are required.
• General consumer goods experience is preferred.
• This position is located in Lititz, PA and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.Primary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.