• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Business
• 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Procurement role at a Multinational company in a Matrix environment
• Relevant Procurement experience
• Proven people management experience
• Customer account management experience
• Expertise in delivering transformation programs
• Expertise in manufacturing processes & regulatory requirements
• Forming win-win partnerships with others. Showing how a plan or strategy can be mutually advantageous in order to gain cooperation. Overcoming resistance & progressing business objectives.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• High energy, enthusiastic and results driven
• Develop and present persuasive arguments
• Good problem solving / analytical skills
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
A Site Liaison Manager is a delivery-orientated value creating partner. Someone who is well connected to the business and the people and has strong relationships necessary to make things happen to create value. Someone who proactively seeks things and integrates knowledge from various sources and capabilities and can connect the dots. Someone who can challenge collaboratively and lead others to deliver value. A pivotal person. An integrator. Someone others are drawn to because they know that that person will help make them being successful. To move the needle, Site Liaison Managers don't just need to be great partners with each Site and each Commodity team and each Supplier but also need to connect across Sites, particularly those in the same value chain and geography, connect across Procurement, across the Supply Chain and across the business. A Site Liaison Manager is excellent in execution, sharp, with a "can do" mentality, knows how to analyse problems and solve them, and facilitates the decision making process if needed, then execute and deliver. A site Liaison manager is looked at as the "super hero" who can make things happen. An SLM role is ideal opportunity for someone to gain understand and build knowledge of the manufacturing and supply chain process and the challenges that it brings, sourcing skills such as negotiations internally and externally, influencing, and people management.
An SLM who recently moved to a Category Procurement role wrote this about her experience: 'There are three distinct elements that come to mind when I think about my time as a Site Liaison Manager (SLM). The first one is the sheer stamina and courage it takes to do the role well. Having to deal with an inordinate amount of issues - generally urgent - that are incredibly diverse and involve a range of different stakeholders, is all in a day's work for an SLM. I definitely believe this has made me stronger mentally and has given me the ability to push through the complexity and volume of work associated with a category role today. The ability to influence is another aspect of the role that is crucial for success. Imagine this; you're the centre of attention at a site leadership team meeting where supplier issues are discussed. You have to be able to convey clear messages to senior technical, quality, operational and logistics personnel and you have to be able to ensure that everyone is aligned to the desired outcome. The third element is the ability to be an all-rounder. You have to be able to have a discussion with Quality on product specs and corrective action plans, liaise with Technical on source changes, and sit with Finance on savings delivery and standards. Looking back, I am incredibly grateful for it and believe that my time as an SLM has set me up for success in my current category role.'
• Own the deliverables of the production procurement organization to the site, financials in Savings and inventory reduction, quality measures for the suppliers, the service measure for the organization, and supply base optimization
• Own delivery of the Dashboard KPIs; drive value to deliver the Dashboard KPIs.
• Prioritise time according to value delivery (as measured through the Dashboard).
• Regularly connect across SLMs in other geographies/ value chains to drive value across sites, reach out for help and share best practices.
• Develop and nurture highly functioning relationships with relevant Commodity Managers/ Buyers (Top 5-7); ensure personal workplan is regularly aligned at least bi-monthly.
• Develop and nurture a highly functioning relationship with respective Site Director and LT; request support from line management for this as needed; ensure personal workplan is regularly aligned at least monthly.
• Ensure the site strategic implementation plan correctly reflects agreed projects at all times.
• Challenge Commodity Managers and Site Director/ LT proactively to drive value; escalate for support where necessary.
• Arrange low value-add non-core tasks that others can do to be moved internally or externally or stopped; minimise time spent fire-fighting; address issues at root cause; optimise time spent in meetings.
• Build a strong network with the respective site(s), SC and business; connect PP to the site(s), SC and business to drive value.
• Build a strong network with the relevant supply base; connect the supply base to the site(s), SC and business to drive value.
• High degree of complexity coordinating support from multiple commodity teams and working within a matrix organisation.
• Managing relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
• Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
• Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Production Procurement and the site.
• Managing interfaces between Procurement and the site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and site stakeholders.
• Adapting and responding to regularly changing business requirements.
• Balancing both strategic and operational requirements.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.