The Commercial Sales & Marketing Engineering team develops enterprise business solutions used by the Microsoft Seller and Marketing Community across the world as well as Microsoft executive leadership. One of the key priorities for this year is to consolidate the number of applications the seller is using and reduce the time spent on tools. We are under new an initiative of building software solutions for simple, end to end seller scenarios leveraging Microsoft products and technology stack on the cloud. Become part of a technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting-edge efforts and help us tackle our upcoming challenges.
We are looking for a Site Reliably Engineer that will help build, design, and support the next generation shared services spanning Azure Service Adoption, Service Intelligence, Security Automation, and Telemetry. The end game it to automate as much of the labor-intensive processes as possible and drive toward end-to-end business monitoring that stitches together telemetry and enables self-healing.
• Ability to read/write/configure code using modern design techniques to automate various platform capabilities
• Background building and managing end-to-end services surfacing telemetry and stitching together long running business processes
• Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage, and optimizations
• Experience with resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) and ability to automate simulation of service outages for platforms
• Experience working with software engineering team members and ownership of translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations for e2e business services
• Ability to work with service teams and own Live Site Reviews and corrective action plans
• Experience owning the Service in backlog discussions & standups to establish appropriate prioritization of Live Site requirements
• Identifies and evaluates existing automation tools, features or applications, with the most value to the service team, to increase the productivity of the team
• 2+ years in clouding technologies (Azure or AWS)
• 2+ years with Power BI or equivalent
• 2+ years with REST/JSON, or Powershell/Bash
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• Demonstrated expertise in web services, virtualization and cloud concepts
• Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
• Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
• Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
• Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience
• Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.