Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic site reliability engineer to join a quickly maturing devops engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability and modern engineering principles.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with deep understanding of systems architecture, tempered with knowledge of how applications interact with systems at scale. They will be comfortable with investigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows and service daemons interact with one another. Responsibilities
- Work with program managers, software engineers, and service owners to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of services.
- Own projects and initiatives within the team, providing peers with technical guidance and direction.
- Participate in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Identifying underlying root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for long term permanent fixes to critical production issues.
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the site reliability / service engineering team.
- Experience working with Unix / Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Able to read / write code fluently in any of the following: C, C , Java, Python, or Go
- Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP / IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and AZURE
- Familiar with configuration management tooling such as; Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience working with Container technologies such as; Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Passion for games and / or game industry experience
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.