A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructures that make up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the global Oracle Cloud team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the platform success every day. The team provides systems and software for Oracle's public and internal cloud services.
The role provides a mixture of dedicated development time and operational production platform ownership. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements, and work on implementing your recommendations.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work on designing and troubleshooting key services, be responsible for defining and deploying them, always thinking about reliability, scaling, resilience and performance. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams. In this role you will need to:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Develop automation to improve reliability, performance, and deployment speed of core services.
- Work on problems related to deployment, monitoring, failure handling, and traffic management.
- Design and implement solutions that improve availability and use of Oracle's Cloud services.
- Create new designs, architectures, processes, and methods for the implementation, operability, and support of large-scale distributed systems.
- Be self-driven and independent thinker, act on ideas and drive them to completion.
- Define best practices and standardization in Cloud operations.
- Stay informed and relevant in new technologies.
- Prior experience in designing, implementing or supporting high performance and large-scale web applications in high scale customer facing environments.
- Prior software development experience in one or more of: Python, Java, Ruby, Go.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Able to accurately estimate efforts and deliver on time.
- Experience with agile processes and good understanding of software development practices.
- Expertise with software development eco-system such as Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, and CI/CD practices.
- Knowledge on system and application security.
- Understanding of virtualization solutions and Cloud services.
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based OS internals.
- Strong networking knowledge: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Understanding of the DevOps toolchain components, and how they fit together.
Desired Skills and Experience Job duties are varied and complex, utilizing a wide breadth and depth of experiences, skills, and independent judgment. 7 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS/MS in Computer Science or related field. Desired skills and experience include:
- Ability to define and document technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products.
- Ensure the quality of the products being delivered.
- Eagerness to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises. Automation is part of your DNA.
- Must possess a strong desire to measure application performance and act upon results.
- Experience with Linux containers (e.g. Docker).
- Familiarity with cluster management solutions: Mesos and job schedulers.
- Expertise with databases and big data stores like MySQL, Memcached, PostgreSQL, and Oracle DB.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.