Site Reliability Engineer - TDS Veritas Platform
Company: TD Bank
Location: New York, New York
Posted: November 09, 2017
Reference ID: 1550753716
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com Job Description The TDS Veritas Platform is the cross-asset pricing and risk management platform for TD Securities. TDS Veritas is also the strategic storage and compute infrastructure for numerous business-aligned products used by front office users as well as risk management functions in the Investment Bank.
These products include many user-facing applications used for real-time risk, scenario risk, electronic trading, and scalable data analytics and are utilized by a variety of users including traders, desk managers, risk managers, and sales teams.
The TDS Veritas Platform is predominantly a system composed of numerous services built on open source technologies. We pride ourselves on leveraging modern tools and technologies that best solve our business problems. We operate as a startup within the bank.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be a critical part of a team focused on building the next generation platform to scale our services to the next level. You'll be expected to engage in and improve on the whole lifecycle of the platform from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement. #LI-JH2 Job Requirements • Ownership, design and architect operational solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. #DI Qualifications • BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Go, C++ or Python.
• Deep knowledge of Linux and network stack layers.
• Comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) New York