Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services. Site Selection and Acquisition (SSA) is a division of Datacenter Supply Planning & Development, under MCIO. SSA is responsible for site selection activities and lease negotiations for location of new data centers worldwide. In addition, the team has a charter to aggressively expand its pre-positioning strategy on land and leases. SSA’s work includes detailed investigations of countries, states, cities and sites in all major geographic regions to determine the optimal land, utilities, taxes and incentives to drive the site selection/ lease process. This position is required to support the commitment to deliver and pre-position land and larger solutions for the worldwide data center portfolio. The SSA team is also responsible for delivering a new Resource banking / pre-positioning strategy that will allow MCIO to deploy new DC space more rapidly, shortening the time to market.
By adding this position, we will augment the Site Selection team to cover key global target markets.
- This position will work with a team of existing professionals and
multiple vendors to execute real estate acquisitions/leasing in a
cost-effective and timely manner.
- Manages the data center project delivery strategy and long-
term road maps for multiple assignments.
- Refines practices/policies and develops methods/techniques
for driving solutions.
- Provides input to long-term delivery strategy and incorporates
requirements into the project execution plans.
- Demonstration of success will be evident in the timely
completion of site selection activities (denoted in the Long-
range build plan) and, ultimately, the speed by which sites can
be secured for deployment.
- This position will require periodic travel.
- 10+ years of real estate planning or development; real estate
brokerage; and/or datacenter related engineering background
- Expertise in real estate acquisition and leasing
- Knowledge of datacenter design and operation
- Knowledge of Utility Agreements and or real estate taxation is
also a plus
- 10+ years of use of Excel and the development of evaluation
matrices to help drive decision-making are required.
- A degree in Real Estate, Planning, Land Use Development,
Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related a
field is preferred.
- Experience with economic development organizations
- PowerPoint proficiency
- Demonstrated advance negotiation skills
- Demonstrate advance ability to successfully operate in a matrix
Search Terms real estate development, site selection, datacenter, acquisition XCISAX
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.