Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Manage Customer contracts by performing preventative maintenance visits, documenting / delivering reports and provide onsite remedial support.
- Insure that the customer’s system is updated to the latest software, quick fixes, and hardware.
- Prepare upgrade plans for the customer’s systems and deliver them to the customer.
- Provide field Beta testing in region and provides feedback as required
- Follow all technical procedures and tools for Global Service
- Provide technical review of orders for clients and any other proposals that are requested to perform.
- Analyze technical risk of expansion projects and upgrades
- Identify deficiencies in products and procedures which affect customer satisfaction, recommending solutions/workarounds
- Provide technical assistance to meet required company objectives of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Attend technical training that includes systems and instruments, as well as application, process control, communication, and safety.
- Provide data as requested for any reports to assist management in decisions pertaining to customer satisfaction, sales marketing, engineering, quality control, support, and employee satisfaction.
- Support Sales as required and directed by Regional Service Manager to secure orders and service agreements.
- Understand and enforce Invensys contractual obligations on major projects and insure customer satisfaction.
- Handles overall technical responsibilities for one or more projects, including project specification, functionality, testing and commissioning.
- Perform system testing, factory acceptance testing (FAT) and develop test documents
- Document preparation and obtain customer's approval per document specification and schedule
- Coordinate with factory for product related issues and resolve.
This job might be for you if:
- A recognized Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science or Process Control (desirable).
- Familiar with the products and services within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Chemical industry.
- Knowledge of HMI software, DCS system and field instrumentation is preferred.
- Team player with good leadership and communication skills and able to travel when required.
- Strong analytical & logical ability, possess of good judgment, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, forward looking and good leadership abilities.
- Innovative and dynamic with effective communication skills, especially in inter-cultural aspects.
Typically requires 0 - 5 years of professional experience. Specific knowledge of Foxboro IA or Triconex systems is desirable. Knowledge should include ability to install hardware and software, perform configuration, and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
Microsoft Office, Windows Operating Systems, Unix, DCS, Safety Systems, PLC's, Communication protocols, Networking and System Security.
Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
Self-managed with guidance from supervisor/senior peers.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.