Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Site Supervisor at our Helium Transfill Middletown, OH plant.
The Middletown Helium transfill is responsible for supplying gas and liquid helium products as well as liquid nitrogen products to customers in the North Region. In addition, the operations technicians fill bulk Hydrogen trailers for delivery to customers within the region.
The Middletown Site Supervisor is a key member of the Helium Operations team for the North Area directly responsible for the completion and oversight of plant operations and maintenance. This position will directly lead/train a team of 2 Operators and interface daily with the Helium Operations and Customer Service team, the ASU plant, and regional support teams for delivery logistics, customer owned trailer orders, and MRI KeepCOLD services, as well as contractors. The position is fast paced and will require the supervisor to get involved with all aspects of a cryogenic transfill facility, including performing operations technicians tasks when necessary to maintain business operations. The position reports to the North Area Helium Operations Manager.
Daily activities will include, but not limited to:
- Driving a strong safety culture with all employees and contractors
- Providing environmental, safety, quality and operations training to the operators
- Interface with regulatory officials to ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations
- Working with the operators and process engineering group to ensure the facility is operating at the highest efficiency possible
- Identifying maintenance concerns and developing and implementing corrective and preventative measures
- Interface with tactical planning and delivery logistics planning to ensure inventory management of all products
- Providing vacation relief as necessary for the transfill operators
- Accountability for all environmental, safety and quality aspects of the site; driving a culture of strong focus on safety
- Responsible for overall effective and efficient operations of the site
- Establish an environment that fosters continuous improvement to site operation
- Direct and monitor activities to fulfill customer schedule requirements
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by ensuring consistent product quality and reliability
- Implement and administer corporate operating policies, procedures and programs
- Ensure all site personnel operate in compliance with EEOC, OSHA, EPA, DOT & all other local, state and federal regulations
- Ensure all site personnel are properly trained to perform their jobs effectively and safely
- Evaluate personnel levels for site operating and work with HR personnel to effectively select, develop and motivate qualified personnel
- Administer effective personnel/industrial relations programs addressing promotions, transfers, discipline, dismissals and labor disputes
- Administer and periodically review salary/wage programs ensuring compliance with policy agreements
- Maintain good community relations focusing on the Responsible Care initiative including an active emergency preparedness program
- Provide support in other areas deemed necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the site
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in supervising and leading operators
- Excellent communication skills with operators, maintenance personnel, external customers, technical support personnel and management
- Ability to plan his/her own activities (including maintenance planning) for safe and reliable operation within budget requirements
- A track record in driving continuous improvement
Military candidates and veterans are encouraged to apply!
This position would be best suited for a Machinist Mate or Nuclear Trained individuals with specific focus on monitoring and maintaining propulsion systems, nuclear power or aircraft maintenance.
Technical or vocational grads with a maintenance background or an AS degree, are encouraged to apply.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and has a current market capitalization of more than $30 billion. Approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19684BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.