Under general supervision of project owner, oversees total construction effort to ensure project is completed within scope, budget and schedule. Supervises site activities for Johnson Controls on major projects. Coordinates Johnson Controls work with other site contractors to ensure compliance with terms and conditions for the project assigned.
1. Works with Major Project's team to identify project objectives with alignment to the scope, budget and schedule.
2. Ensures customer satisfaction and scope of work compliance through daily site inspections.
3. Submits regular progress updates for incorporation into master plan/schedule to provide variance analysis reporting.
4. Acts as project safety program coordinator.
5. Coordinates with Regional and Branch Leadership through the assigned Major Projects Project Manager to ensure adequate resources to meet the project objectives.
6. Resolves site conflicts regarding the sequencing of work and unforeseen conditions.
7. Works with Project Manager in managing risks and assists in establishing project recovery plans. Ensures recovery plans are carried out.
8. Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Johnson Controls policies and standards.
9. Ensures subcontractors readily understand expectations of the project.
10. Ensures that subcontractors provide adequate staffing levels to meet the project schedule.
Associate Degree with 7 to 10 years of direct project coordination and supervision experience in the Commercial and/or Industrial Building Construction Industry. Must possess excellent coordination skills and the ability to supervise simultaneous large project activities. A high level of competency in written and verbal communication skills is required. Ability to travel up to 100% depending on the project assignment which may exist outside of geographical assigned territory. Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment. Project scope of $5 million or more.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.