Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas Position - Department
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Position - Unit. Fulltime Day: Responsibilities:
To provide basic observation of the assigned patient and assure a safe environment for the care of the assigned patient. The patient Sitter also performs technical duties under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor/Manager and provides superior patient care and customer service to patients, patient families, physicians, and all hospital staff.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians and healthcare team
- Transports patients in a safe and timely manner using appropriate equipment for patient age and weight
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Demonstrates ability to consistently preform technical skills and follow through with assignments
- Prioritize work duties and works well under stressful situations
- BLS from the AHA Healthcare Provider
- 6 months experience in an acute care hospital setting, preferred
- The Patient Sitter must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well in stressful situations.
- They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate decisions and judgments quickly.
- They must demonstrate proficiency in patient handling and transportation equipment
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom