McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson Specialty Health is currently seeking a Six Sigma Black Belt in our LaVergne, TN or Memphis, TN locations.
The Six Sigma Black Belt candidate will need to have a strong understanding of supply chain distribution, warehouse operations, and call center operations
The Black Belt will successfully drive process improvement efforts across the business unit to achieve significant financial, operational, customer satisfaction, and/or employee satisfaction impact. The individual should be skilled at leading by example in the delivery of high impact projects
The Black Belt will need to work at all levels of the organization, with customers, and suppliers to take challenging, ambiguous, or visionary concepts, and turn them into well scoped projects and deliver successful process improvement results in a time efficient manner
Additionally, the Black Belt may provide consultative services to senior executives and business unit managers in analysis of business processes and value streams with an eye toward strategic project identification
Success in the role will require very strong proficiency in: Lean Six Sigma, written and verbal communication, project management, relationship building, ability to influence, data extraction and analysis, and business and financial acumen
1 Opportunity Identification - Work with business leaders, finance, customers, and suppliers to identify business critical process improvement needs aligned with the business unit goals, financial gaps, and business growth strategies. Create business cases and have them approved by finance to support ROI of potential opportunities.
2. Executing on Process Improvement Projects - Deliver benefits to McKesson Specialty Health by successfully executing on process improvement initiatives, while calculating and reporting financial benefit to the organization.
• Execute on process improvement initiatives using Lean or Six Sigma methodologies
• Lead projects using Lean or Six Sigma methodologies from inception to benefit realization and control.
• Lead cross-functional teams, including members of business/functional staff and external vendors
• Deliver results that achieve or surpass projects targets based on ROI, customer satisfaction, or employee satisfaction improvement objectives
• Meet project timelines to manage realization of project benefits and maintain downstream effect on project funnel
• Facilitate Finance Validation Process
• Status Reporting
3. Change Management
• Communicate to and influence business stakeholders, customers and suppliers of all levels
• Develop and maintain productive relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
• Act as an ambassador and change agent of the Six Sigma team to build a culture of continuous improvement
• Drive adoption of tools and methods by reinforcing the value proposition
• Participate in the propagation of Six Sigma knowledge across the business unit through the delivery of Green Belt training and other informal sessions
• Mentor & coach Green Belts and team members in project work, helping them understand and use Work-Out, Lean, Six Sigma for successful and timely completion of projects
4+ years experience, at least three of which is in project management or process improvement full-time
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
• Strong facilitation and oral/written communication skills
• Proven ability to speak with and work across all levels of the business, customers and suppliers
• Proven track record of results from the application of process improvement methodologies and effective change management
• Strong project management skills
• Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout tools, problem solving / root cause analysis and process management
• Expert in supply chain distribution, warehouse operation, and call center operations
• Skilled at developing and delivering executive-level presentations
• Ability to extract and analyze data with minimal supervision and guidance
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• PC Skills: Use of Minitab and expertise in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Strong business and financial acumen, ability to identify and quantify financial benefit from project work
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a Business or Technical discipline
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
• Lean/Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt) highly desirable
• Project Management Institute (PMP) certification highly desirable
• Environment – Mix between general office and warehouse
• Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, walking, etc.) General Office Demands
• Travel requirement: 25% to 50%, will fluctuate based on projects in portfolio
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.