Adecco Staffing is hiring for a local client in Battle Creek, MI.
The position is: "Skilled Machine Operator"
This position is a direct hire opportunity, and new employees will earn $14/hr, with VERY significant advancement/pay increase opportunities.
We are very interested in speaking with candidates that have the following qualifications:
MUST have stayed for at least 1 full year at one of your last 3 jobs, and must NOT have a work history of moving around a lot. Job Hoppers are not what we are looking for. This is a company where workers start and finish their careers.
As an entry level employee you will have a 2nd or 3rd shift position. You will operate or assist in the operation of large printing machines. This position will also include various other duties around the work floor as required. You will be involved in the handling and processing of various kinds of plastics.
Requirements also include:
- 1-year Printing experience or multiple years of comparable machine operator experience.
- A solid work-ethic and attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with programs such as 5S, Lean Six Sigma, HACCP is preferred and is a huge benefit to an applicant, though not mandatory.
- Have good oral, math and image abilities
- Must score at least 80% on a mechanical aptitude test
- Must be able to read a Metric and SAE ruler (down to the smallest marks)
An applicant does not need an engineering degree, but they will be expected to understand common basics of machinery and help troubleshoot if/when things aren't running properly.
- Pass Background Check and drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- HS diploma or GED required
-Must complete and pass a colorblind test.
The client does have a robust insurance and benefits package.
Click "Apply Now" to be considered for this job! Visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.