The Skype for Business Engineering role is part a global engineering team. This team designs Unified Communications solutions (including instant messaging, PC audio/video solutions, web conferencing, video conferencing systems, email and telephony systems) and also acts as escalation point for support teams. The Skype for Business Engineer will be responsible to design new solutions and implement continuous improvements into the current environment. The focus of this role will be on Skype for Business video rooms systems.This includes, but is not limited to:
- Design solutions in a highly complex environment
- Experience in working in large companies with very specialized teams and across different organizations including 3rd party vendors
- Communications with executive level management
- Collaborate with global teams across the entire globe
- Designing, implementing and testing for Skype for Business Video Conferencing Solutions for existing sites, new sites and room upgrades. This includes hands-on implementation and working with other teams and vendors to configure network connectivity and other requirements.
- Support video conference and A/V deployments and support in a geographically distributed environment
- Maximize usability of systems and ensure proper awareness and training
- Manage support escalations and drive issue resolutions to completion including leveraging of proper processes and communications.
- Designing solutions and implementing in the lab and in production for on premise, cloud and hybrid scenarios.
- Developing Enterprise Voice solutions and integration with existing telephone platforms such as Cisco and Avaya
- Skype for Business integration work with audio conferencing services
- Evaluation of end user devices (Skype phones, headsets, etc.)
- Automation through development of new scripts or modifying existing scripts, mostly PowerShell
- Knowledge transfer to production services through documentation, training material creation and trainings
For Internal Reference: ENG2, PLA1, DEV2Qualifications/Requirements Education:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering required
Skills and Capabilities:
- Minimum of 8 years of related IT business work experience
- 3-5 years working in very large international organizations
- Must have experience with very large Skype for Business environments > 50,000 users
- Must have experience with hybrid Skype for Business Online Skype for Business premise deployment
- Additional language is a plus
- Provides outstanding customer service skills to direct and indirect customers
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Personal sense of accountability
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure
- Positive, professional image
- Expert knowledge of Skype for Business Room Systems
- Deep expertise with video conference and A/V switching and control hardware (Cisco, Polycom, Skype for Business)
- Experience with video Conference Room technologies such as Cisco, Polycom is a plus.
Not Eligible for Relocation