The Public Sector Cloud Solution Specialist will act as a domain expert to sales on Oracle's Public Cloud IaaS solutions and how they fit into a Public Sector enterprise architecture.
With a broad IT background, the Cloud Solution Specialist is comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the Oracle Public Cloud including hosting infrastructure, networking, security (including FedRAMP), integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to the CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills, the Cloud Solution Specialist uses a consultative value selling approach to understand Public Sector's unique business and technical requirements, and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Oracle Corporation solution fit.
The Cloud Solution Specialist also participates in the delivery of product and best practice educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service Markets (External and Internal).
• Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their Department/Agency to Oracle's Public Cloud IaaS architecture
• Present Oracle Corporation 's technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security, and integration capabilities
• Understand the customer need and establish Oracle's product(s) as the best solution to address their technical and business requirements
• Build and present customized assets using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Oracle Public Cloud PaaS/IaaS platform
• Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
• Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
• Work closely with other elements of the Oracle Corporation organization, e.g. alliances, sales , product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
• Assist sales teams in responses to demonstrations, RFPs, and technical requirements documents
• Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
• Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
• Extensive knowledge of the Public Sector marketplace with its unique operational and business needs, and the ability to design, build, and promote technical cloud solutions that meet those requirements
• Industry knowledge in at least one of the Public Sector markets (Federal - DoD, Federal - Civilian, State & Local, Canada, Higher Education, Healthcare). State and Local and/or Higher Education is preferred
• Understanding of all cloud offerings in the Public Sector market and ability to discuss cloud architectures, security protocols, infrastructure requirements, etc.,
• A thorough background implementing hybrid cloud strategies for existing customers that leverage the public cloud (e.g Amazon Web Service, Azure, etc.)
• Principals of network, application and information security
• Excellent understanding of both monolithic/legacy application architects as well as modern cloud native application architectures
• A good understanding of the architectural principals of cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS components. Specifically multi-tenancy, concurrency, security, management, multi-tiered infrastructure, databases, integration, mobile and application servers etc. (we are not designing them but must be knowledgeable of the platform(s))
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments, and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
• Understanding of SOA, ROA, microservices and RESTful architectures
• Experience with code based deployment, calling APIs, JSON scripting
• Experience with DevOps principles and tools (CI, CD, Git, Jenkins, Chef, etc.)
• Deep understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in datacenters, IaaS solutions, as well as multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
• A foundation of knowledge of the US government's FedRAMP security guidelines and accreditation process
• Previous Cloud experience with IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Amazon, Oracle
• Previous Infrastructure software/service experience with companies such as Deloitte, Accenture, Cloud Sherpas etc.
• Excellent/clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in simpler language.
• Possessing a DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one is a plus
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.