Under general supervision of the Day Warehouse Manager or other supervisory/management-level position, responsible for accurately slotting new items and re-slotting of existing items in the warehouse of the assigned Distribution Center. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring product is stored and arranged in locations that optimize total production efficiencies to include order fulfillment, put away, and replenishment tasks. Location types include, but are not limited to, static shelving, carton flow rack, A-Frames, and case pick-to-belt modules.
- Manage item categories and correct storage placement for items such as flammables, aerosols, cytotoxins, controls, chemicals, and frozen/refrigerated goods.
- Ensure that new items are verified for accurate cubing and weighing.
- Execute functionality within the host system and in PkMS to ensure proper item categories/flags are maintained.
- Work with the PkMS Manager to ensure that putaway and picking rules are in sync with the desired slotting profile.
- Utilizing the "Slot Optimization" software tool and other user-created queries/tools, define requirements for existing or projected storage configurations and provide item placement/move reports to facilitate product movement.
- Working with applicable warehouse departments, create business goals, objectives, and constraints to configure the Slot Optimization tool to drive optimal and obtainable slotting results.
- Comprehend the Slot Optimization software tool reports and PkMS reports in order to make sound operational storage decisions and facility rework decisions as necessary.
- Execute PkMS functionality in order to update and retrieve data within the Slot Optimization software.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule the various slotting inventory moves to maximize operational results and minimize operational cost and disruption.
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures when necessary; develop recommended changes to PkMS rules to optimize warehouse performance.
- Comply with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
Perform related duties as assigned.Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year Associate's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of PkMS and its functionality is preferred
- Experience with the Manhattan SlotInfo software, or similar software, is preferred
- Experience querying data from a database required (AS400, SQL Server, MS-Access, etc.)
- Must have good mathematical skills
- Experience with data analysis and concepts desirable, such as inventory usage, inventory turns, inventory velocity, cause and effect analysis, root cause analysis, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have ability to work independently and manage work in a "project" structure with tasks, milestones, deadlines, and progress tracking
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, FTP sites
- A working knowledge of SQL and database management a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Working knowledge of computer systems and personal computers