Small Business Risk Specialist
This position is for a KYC Risk Specialist I. It is focused on preventing chargeback and fraud losses through diligent CIP/KYC review, risk underwriting, monitoring, investigation and risk mitigation.
- Prevent avoidable chargeback and fraud losses through diligent underwriting and/or risk monitoring, investigation and risk mitigation.
- Reviews and makes decisions on underwriting and risk management exceptions to determine their acceptability considering all applicable risk factors
- Reviews incomingaccounts/applicationsand clears for CIP/KYC
- Identity management and preventing fraud losses through diligent CIP/KYC
- Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of credit risk and fraud risk indicators associated with various business types.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of applicable Federal Regulatory and Card Brand rules and regulations, including but not limited to CIP/KYC, merchant settlement, dispute resolution, chargeback management and compliance.
- Coordinate with various departments, bank divisions, customers and customer service teams to ensure timely and effective resolution of various underwriting, r risk management cases, and/or CIP/KYC requirements.
- Educate customers on fraud prevention tips and best practices as well as CIP/KYC requirements.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills, excellent work ethic, teamwork and initiative.
- Support additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience in Financial Services
- At least 1 year of merchant acquiring or card issuing risk management or at least 1 year of underwriting experience
- At least 1 year of identify management and fraud prevention
- 1 year of Card Brand, PCI DSS, CIP/KYC, CPP certification and AML compliance experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.