Simply put, Johnson Controls has a smarter way to build. Nobody has more experience and expertise designing and delivering converged technology solutions to produce smarter buildings.
Due to our tremendous growth and leadership position in the market, our Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI) team needs additional passionate, talented sales development engineers throughout North America to add their brainpower to help drive exciting projects in healthcare, education, transportation, and sports & entertainment venues.
The BWSI team is part of our Building Efficiency business at Johnson Controls. The team focuses on developing converged Internet of Things (IoT) solutions comprised of business/information technology, vertical market specialty systems, and Johnson Controls' core building products and systems. The BWSI team provides the missing "technology" piece and supports our sales channel's efforts to identify, propose, sell and deliver new construction, retrofit and technology refresh scopes of work. We help deliver IoT outcomes through systems integration, design-assist services, and converged technology solutions, producing smarter buildings that are able to support desired outcomes - today and in the future.
We are adding several positions to our BWSI team throughout the US. These positions can be located in any of these major cities: Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Cleveland, OH; Nashville, TN; Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Kansas City, KS; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Washington DC, Miami, FL; and New Orleans, LA. Come joing our growing team!
The BWSI team focuses on developing converged solutions, comprised of business/information technology and specialty systems which complement Johnson Controls' core building systems. The BWSI team provides the missing "technology" piece and supports the branch channel's efforts to identify, propose, sell and deliver new construction, prime retrofit and technology refresh scopes of work. We help sales deliver Internet of Things (IoT) outcomes through systems integration, design-assist, and converged technology solutions, producing smarter buildings. In this role, the Regional BWSI Project Development Engineer/ Project Development Technical Specialist ensures proactive sales engineering design, development and profitable growth of Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI), which falls into three main categories: Network Infrastructure; Integration; and IT & Communication Applications design. Support sales across all vertical markets and lines of business in the assigned region. Bundled offers to include technology contracting bundling of BWSI and standalone BWSI sales engagements in a fast pace, team - oriented sales environment. Multi-tasks across numerous sales engagements by providing engineering support within the discovery, verify, present/propose and close stages of the Johnson Controls sales process with credibility and passion.
1. Provides support as the regional subject matter expert for all BWSI Solutions. Supports and designs building automation and physical security solutions that require an IT Infrastructure and/or integration.
2. Partners with the sales team to conduct a needs assessment of customer requirements, critical areas, needs and budget.
3. Partners with the sales team to develop a scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflow, business case, etc. to support a compelling winning solution.
4. Performs site surveys and walk-through of customer facilities/networks to further assist sales and engineering efforts. Meets and interacts with customer IT staff for the purpose of gathering information for sales and engineering efforts.
5. Manages proposal activities, such as Request for Proposal/Information (RFP), (RFI), renewals and re-bids by providing edits and reviews of written solution plans and requirements. Manages proposal process, including working with Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Proposal Development.
6. Provides scope definition and systems development assistance for outside partners and suppliers, electrical subcontractors and VARs including; scope, terms and conditions, bid forms, and contract reviews.
7. Supports training for regional personnel on BWSI estimating tool sets. Updates region estimating team on current processes, tools and material pricing.
8. Reviews the proposed solution designs with the estimating team, sales team and appropriate operations team to obtain mutual agreement.
9. Leads portions of the presentation to the C-level or economic client as needed by presenting the scope of work and functional demonstrations for all BWSI solutions.
10. Assists in training regional employees on the basics of wired and wireless Networks, Integrations and other key BWSI application solutions, ensuring that the sales and operation teams understand our solutions and how to address customers' needs.
11. Represents the sales team in operational reviews of BWSI projects for final solution, costing estimate and operational risk assessment.
12. Works as a liaison with the Regional Sales Manager - BWSI and the National BWSI Program Development Manager to ensure the latest best practices are incorporated within the client solutions.
13. Visits or spends time on customer project sites to assist and troubleshoot network related issues pertaining to BWSI as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience. Minimum of eight years experience in Engineering & Sales Engineering in the areas of LAN/WAN architecture, wireless, integration, IT & Communication applications and structure cabling. Industry certification in two or more of the following areas, Network design, engineering & management, wireless, communication systems and Operating Systems is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving, and the ability to be a highly effective team member is required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.