Job Description*Opportunitiesavailable in Durham, NC & Plymouth Meeting, PA*QuintilesIMS is a leading integrated information and technology-enabled worldwide healthcare service provider. Formed by the merger of Quintiles and IMS Health, we use our experience, resources and reputation to help our clients drive healthcare forward. A career at QuintilesIMS will give you the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients improve patient healthcare and make real medical breakthroughs. The Analytics Center of Excellence
Drawing on the strengths of Quintiles and IMS Health, QuintilesIMS is creating the next generation of clinical development. Our new solutions combine world-class clinical research and data-driven insights to offer clients more precise and predictable paths to product approval.
The new Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our business, integrated within Clinical Operations. We're using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.Snr Manager, Data Science/Methodology - the role
This is a leadership role within a fast growing team, within a growing area of the business. As a result, this role presents exciting opportunities for career progression and further leadership opportunities. Working with a great deal of autonomy and an enormous breadth of data, you will be able to integrate multiple data assets as you design complex new studies. You will be managing a team of statisticians and statistical programmers - both on-shore and off-shore - and together, you will have the opportunity and support to develop truly innovative methodologies and custom studies in support of the business.Your typical activities might include:
- Designing and leading studies, plus taking ownership of the most complex studies.
- Collaborating with business owners, subject matter experts, and go to market teams to develop and deliver analytics.
- Leveraging data assets to support CRO business, including optimizing design and execution of clinical trials, and improving risk management.
- Overseeing multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Directing analytical methodology research, project execution, streamlining processes and efficiencies.
- Designing and documenting the approach to a study.
- Managing a team potentially based in multiple locations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters' degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics or a related field.
- Significant relevant experience in quantitative analytics analyzing big data and methodology.
- Practical data analysis experience gained within the healthcare industry.
- Leadership and people management experience.
- Outstanding communication skills.
You can drive your career at QuintilesIMS and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We invite you to join us on our exciting journey.
Help us make a difference in patient health.
QuintilesIMS is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.