Job Description*Opportunity is also available in Durham, NC location.*QuintilesIMS is a leading integrated information and technology-enabled worldwide healthcare service provider. Formed by the merger of Quintiles and IMS Health, we use our experience, resources and reputation to help our clients drive healthcare forward. A career at QuintilesIMS will give you the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients improve patient healthcare and make real medical breakthroughs.The Analytics Center of Excellence
Drawing on the strengths of Quintiles and IMS Health, QuintilesIMS is creating the next generation of clinical development. Our new solutions combine world-class clinical research and data-driven insights to offer clients more precise and predictable paths to product approval.
Our new Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our business, integrated within Clinical Operations. We're using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.Data Science Developer - the role
As an expert software developer, this is a unique opportunity to leverage your skills to empower advanced analytics and to build unparalleled in-depth knowledge within our business. Working with modern distributed analytics systems, complex data, and challenging requests, you will help shape the way our team approaches prototyping and development of data-driven analytics products. This crucial role involves identifying opportunities for better data modeling, abstraction, testing, internal tooling, and other software development practices that will help our team maximize our efficiency in data science projects. You will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team, and to set the standards for code quality and architecture for the projects you work on. You will also serve as a key liaison for our team with production developers.Your typical activities might include:
- Collaborating with data scientists to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted, reusable modules for iterative development of data science projects.
- Providing technical leadership and assisting the team on execution of technical tasks centered on delivery of analytics models.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to internal processes regarding model development, including internal data pipelines and modeling frameworks that will facilitate advanced analytics.
- Being involved in every stage of the data product development life cycle; from coordinating initial requirements with business owners, through development with subject matter experts and data scientists, to production deployments with developers.
- Overseeing multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Comprehensive testing of your own code.
- Production deployments of advanced analytics.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors or Masters degree in STEM field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, with 5+ years of object oriented programming experience in a high level language and 3+ years of relevant collaborative software development experience. Alternatively, a relevant combination of education, training and work experience. In addition;
- Extensive experience with dynamic scripting languages such as Python and R.
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data, preferably in distributed frameworks such as Spark, SparkR and PySpark.
- Strong familiarity with data science concepts and modeling techniques.
- Experience implementing design patterns and implementing testing frameworks
- Strong SQL or Hive skills.
- Local language skills to an advanced level (spoken and written), with complete fluency in English.
You can drive your career at QuintilesIMS and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We invite you to join us on our exciting journey.
Help us make a difference in patient health.
QuintilesIMS is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.