SNR MGR COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 8358170130-en-us
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Communication & Public Affairs - located in Irvine, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With over $70 billion in sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Irvine campus is home to diverse business in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing all headquartered in our talent hub in Irvine, CA.
The Senior Manager, Communication and Public Affairs, will serve as communications lead to build brand awareness of key platforms and disease states, engage employees and sustain/build our reputation.
• Demonstrates deep knowledge of the competitive set and Medical Device and Platform business strategies.
• Maintains moderate product and solution knowledge within assigned platforms.
• Develops and communicates communications strategies that will align and engage the global organization and drive business growth and reputation.
• Serves as a trusted advisor to the Platform Leaders.
• Supports development of authentic, transparent and influential communications for the Company Group Chairman and other business leaders as required.
• Executes the CSS Franchise internal communications plan.
• Specifically, coordinating employee town hall meetings, developing presentations, speaking points, articles, and platform communications as needed.
• Collaborates with the CSS Franchise Communication Lead to manage issues and opportunities related to key platforms.
• This role will require working collaboratively with Franchise commercial leaders, Medical Devices leaders, Regional Leaders and the Communications COEs.
• Supports internal/external communications for licensing and acquisition, advising the L&A team on communications strategies and preparing internal and external plans and communications.
• Develops strategy for key industry meetings and prepares Medical Device Franchise messaging.
• Staffs key congresses as needed to host financial analysts and support media and social media outreach.
• Partners with R&D Communications Lead to develop and share stories of emerging technologies through internal and external innovation.
• Effectively sources, manages and leverages agencies and consultants as needed.
• Ensures communications efforts are measured quantitatively and qualitatively against predefined goals.
• Minimum of a BS/BA is required and an advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Media Relations, Public Affairs, or Communications with a focus on innovative reputation-building and brand management work is required, preferably in Medical Devices.
• Strong leadership competencies, specifically influencing the internal and external environment and effectively managing multiple internal and external stakeholders, driving new approaches, and driving results while dealing with a degree of ambiguity and rapid pace of change is required.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects and deliver results under tight time constraints in a complex, matrixed environment is required.
• A strong drive and the ability to influence and shape both internal and external environment is required.
• Content strategist with editorial experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in a global function is required.
• Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of global organization issues with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations is required.
• Demonstrated experience with L&A communications and integrations is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with Investor Relations and developing messaging to communicate to the financial community is preferred.
• Ability to simplify complex ideas and strategies from the business to external stakeholders with an understanding of how to make them timely and relevant is preferred.
• Key problem-solving skill in developing communication strategies and actions is required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a PR or advertising agency is preferred.
• Requires a moderate degree of independent judgment and decision making.
• Commitment to collaboration and delivering results in high-pressure situations is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate high-level strategic information and convert it into clear and concise communications is required.
• Content curator or development experience is preferred.
• Strong drive to make a difference along with the ability to be a strategic asset to Franchise Leadership Team is required.
• Demonstrated ability to counsel senior leaders is required.
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills is required.
• This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 30% domestic travel with the possibility of international.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)