Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is seeking a talented Snr. Program & Planning Manager with a strong planning, program and operational background who can lead programs of work, collaborate and build partnerships to lead and support on planning and portfolio management for Global Customer Experience (GCX).
The Snr. Program & Planning Manager will report to the Senior Leader for Global Initiatives & Planning and will maintain and provide visibility to the GCX Portfolio and plan of record for MP and GCX Initiatives ensuring alignment to business priorities. He / She will help to drive innovation and greater focus on our most critical business priorities and overall portfolio. This will include Annual Planning, Rolling Planning, Intake, Resource Management, Project Scoping and partnership with the regions and initiatives to create great customer experiences.
The successful candidate will have a strong leadership presence, relevant program and planning experience and be able to influence and work across both GCX and MP organizations to effectively collate plans, surface priorities and bring transparency to the GCX Portfolio and operational plans.
- Collaborate and build partnership with global and cross-functional leaders to ensure successful alignment within and beyond GCX
- Lead key programs of work connected to the global GCX portfolio, ensuring appropriate planning, scheduling and execution
- Develop portfolio management capability and actively lead a pipeline management process to facilitate the effective flow of new asks to the business
- Align resources with portfolio and business priorities and effectively solution and facilitate trade- offs when constraints arise
- Engage with cross-functional leaders to objectively assess the organization’s ability to absorb and/or deliver on change
- Lead and facilitate Project Health, Project Plan Reviews and Project update meetings representing group or organization
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and communicate progress, effective decision-making, and leadership / oversight for issue resolution in a matrix management organization.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources and use it for effective decision-making, accountability management, and portfolio insights
- Continuously improve service and results for our people and the business, operating with a cross functional and global lens
- Develop effective plans to meet both short and longer term goals
- Make sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- Demonstrated track record of performance and leading complex change for the business
- 8+ years professional related work experience and hands on project and operational experience desired
- 3+ years leadership experience in a large, cross functional organization
- PMP or PRINCE2 or other certifications a plus but not essential
- Excellent organizational change management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities are essential
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to lead in a large, complex and diverse global organization and partner well with peers
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Strong customer service orientation; strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver executive level summary updates, reports and presentations
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills
Location & Travel:
- Position is based in San Jose
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments (mainly Salt Lake City, occasional international). Expect 10 - 15% travel.
Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.