Our aspiration is to modernize and scale Microsoft’s Customer Services and Support (CSS) via social media, messaging platforms and online communities, building a thriving community of experts, and creating a blueprint for “world class” social care. The Social Customer Care team serves over 680 million customer page views a year via our Support Forums and responds to 1M+ incoming posts across the various channels.
The Social Media & Community strategy lead is a key role on the team responsible for designing, testing and overseeing the deployment of future support models that use existing and future social channels. The role requires multiple disciplines of thinking and multiple ways of working to be successful in this strategically important team. They will be responsible for shaping the North Star Vision for the team, and for setting the course on how to get there. They must be comfortable with fast test-and-learn cycles, working effectively across a matrixed organization and across multiple organizations to facilitate progress and drive outcomes.
• Strategic Agility: Understand market dynamics and industry insights to identify “whitespace” opportunities to modernize and transform support via social media and online communities. Leverage industry benchmarks and data to identify gaps, define KPIs, establish targets, measure progress and size out the impact.
• Innovation: Being able to connect the dots in new ways to create possibilities that improve customer satisfaction, lower customer effort, and reduce assisted contact rates. Being bold to challenge the norms to forge new paths within CSS and in an industry that is dynamic and rapidly evolving.
• Experimentation: Start, program manage and report on experiments run to prove/disprove parts of the strategy in a fast, iterative manner.
• Business Case Development and ROI: Build, refine and communicate business cases to stakeholders across CSS. Consult, partner with and influence SBU stakeholders to steer investment decisions and fund pilots. Provide forecasting input to guide operational planning.
• Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment: Able to change course and leap from topic to topic, as the role encompasses many workstreams simultaneously. Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders so as to better influencer technical and operational capability development across business units
• Effective communications: Inspire and ignite audiences across CSS and beyond on the possibilities.
• Metrics: the individual will be responsible for step change (as opposed to incremental change) for the following metrics:
o Cost per contact
o Volume/value of contacts deflected from assisted support channels
o Social / Forum resolution rate
Knowledge and skills required:
• Deep support background
• Strong social / forum support experience
• Background in business experimentation
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
• Financial modelling experience
• 8+ years in marketing and/or service and support positions required
• Bachelor’s degree required
Knowledge and skills preferred:
• Minimum 5-7 years in PC (personal computing) industry
• MBA or Graduate Degree preferred.
• Experience in working in and across global support functions
• Direct experience with a variety of social domains and communities
• Excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills
• Active and enthusiastic personal and/or professional user of social apps (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.