McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Social Media Strategy & Content Marketing for Investing, Principal Associate
Are you passionate about social media & digital content strategy? Have big-brand-building experience, but love the fast-pace of an entrepreneurial environment? Enjoy great storytelling? If you said yes, you may be a perfect match for the Principal Brand Associate Social Media Strategy role and Content Marketing role for Capital One Investing.
In this role, you will manage the strategy and execution for Capital One Investing’s social media and long form content, as well as the development process from end-to-end. This includes developing strategic intent for short and long form content, briefing creative teams, providing strategic guidance and guardrails for paid media support, and working with internal partners, as well as legal teams, to ensure we are publishing a regular cadence of brand-defining content that delivers on Capital One Investing’s business goals.
You will collaborate extensively with editorial strategists, PR, community managers, digital channel owners, and analytics managers to execute impeccably against our “always on” content agenda. You’ll also develop and execute a robust test & learn agenda.
This strategic role shares out our results with stakeholder teams at all levels in the organization and in the day to day helps our content team continuously raise its game.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading and inspiring creative teams with great strategies, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, and influencing others across a variety of marketing functions. You’ll be a subject matter expert for social strategy and channel best practices for our team.
What you will do:
- Develop a content calendar for all pre-planned long form and social media content across Capital One Investing’s social and publishing channels in accordance with a content strategy.
- Plan strategic approaches to socially charged integrated campaigns.
- Brief internal creative teams and external agency partners on new strategies and content needs, and manages the full process of delivering content that is produced on schedule.
- Lead meetings with other strategists, creatives, publishers, and social engagement associates.
- Circulate content for approvals to key stakeholders, including Legal.
- Facilitate continuous content performance optimization.
- Develop new strategies to achieve against specific business goals and thoughtfully recommends KPIs and benchmarks to help measure success.
- Publish content, moderate conversations on the Investing Social Media pages, and develop strategic approaches to create real-time content.
- Create a test-and-learn agenda to gain insights on our work and to ensure we’re continuing to deliver best-in-class content across all channels.
- Interact directly with key partners and influencers to acquire content assets such as approved copy and approved imagery.
- Liaise with compliance and risk teams as needed to assure policies and procedures are met in publishing to channels.
- Steward paid media budget according to an agreed upon strategy.
- Report out monthly and quarterly on content and campaign performance.
What you will bring:
- Stay abreast of innovations and changes in key social platforms.
- Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, editing and copywriting skills and professional writing experience.
- Relationship management and influence skills, including with vendors/suppliers and a range of internal stakeholders.
- Experience with social media platforms and services including social media listening, publishing and monitoring technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or other creative content software.
- Experience in Journalism, PR or Marketing Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing or communications.
- At least 2 years of experience with social media marketing or content marketing.
- At least 1 year of Project management experience.
- At least 1 year of Financial services and or Investing experience.
- At least 1 year of experience using content marketing platforms.
- At least 2 years of basic knowledge of SEO techniques.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.