Parkridge Valley Hospital Chattanooga, TN
Social Services Representative - Child & Adolescent Campus Shift Details
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child & Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do!
The Social Services Representative is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the patient's health and recovery.
- Conducts individual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patient treatment plan.
- Facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Attends patient treatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Active participation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
- Makes necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
Bachelors or Master's Degree in related field. Experience in behavioral health strongly preferred. Parkridge Valley
, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work or related field Required
- Experience in Behavioral Health strongly preferred.