Social Worker Evening Shift 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Interacts with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies. Direct patient care support functions are provided to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates options and services to meet the patient's needs through evaluation of available resources to provide quality, cost effective outcomes.
Qualifications: Education: Licensure/certification/registration:
- Provides direct social service and counseling to patients/families
- Assists in locating appropriate resources for post-discharge care
- Participate in multidisciplinary team to coordinate the client's plan
- Cross train sufficiently to team member's duties to be able to serve as back up resource
- Assesses and identifies cases for intervention
- Prioritize goals and develops a plan based on client needs
- Monitor and evaluate outcome of client's plan
- Proactive case identification
- Demonstrate behavior supportive of team achieving department goals
- Actions demonstrate protection of patient privacy and compliance with HIPPA regulations
- Collaborate with third party payors internal case management/disease management departments as appropriate for discharge planning needs
- Documentation: Follow all standards of documentation and document in appropriate systems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work
- Current licensure by Texas State Board of Social Work and LMSW a plus.