Riverside Community Hospital, Founded in 1901, is a 478 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage. With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Riverside Community Hospital's Mission & Vision: Mission:
Committed to providing compassionate care and improving the overall health of our community Vision:
Leading with innovation. Serving with compassion. Position Summary:
The Transplant Service Social Worker is a Masters prepared Social Worker who provides comprehensive level psychosocial assessment and social work services to patients on the transplant service. This includes teamwork with the other professionals in the transplant program, interaction with other Riverside Hospital departments, networking and referrals within the community and other agencies. Provides education to health care professionals, patients and families within and outside of the transplant program. Develops strong lines of communication with the referring dialysis units, referring physicians and assists with patient education and support groups. Acts as a resource to staff in the care of the transplant and herpetology patients.
Reports To: Director Transplant Services
Supervises: None Social Worker PT/Days No Weekends Transplant Qualifications: Position Requirements: Licensure/ Certification/Registration:
- Master's Clinical Social Worker. LCSW or ACSW
- Master's degree from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Preferred three to five years' experience as a Clinical Social Worker, preferably in a specialty area as dialysis or solid organ transplantation.
- Special Qualifications: Experience demonstrates competence and skill in the practice of social work with adult patients and their families in the field of solid organ transplantation and ESOF.
- Comfortable with computer programs and data entry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.