Coliseum Medical Centers
is a 310 bed facility offering a 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. In addition, CMC's breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, and the Family Ties Birthing Center (which includes a level III neonatal nursery). Additionally, the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health, located on the campus of Coliseum Medical Centers, provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as a specialty program for senior adults. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Case Management Social Worker (SW)
works with a varied patient population across numerous services, including emergency care, crisis intervention, intensive care, acute care and women's health. The Social Worker
will coordinate discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families. The Social Worker
will lead family conference meetings and work with colleagues on complex cases, to identify and assist in the resolution of patient issues, to prevent barriers to arranging timely, safe discharges. The Social Worker
will also identify resources available to patients, in order to assist them in obtaining the necessary services to maintain adequate health. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assists in the development/implementation of new clinical policies or programs.
- Provides continuity of care by using community resources and makes referrals that utilize these resources.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Collaborates with Medical Director and/or multidisciplinary treatment team in planning the care of patients and families within the acute setting and along the healthcare continuum.
- Maintains open communication with case managers and other individuals to ensure continuity of care and effective communication of plan of care.
- Coordinates with and corresponds to appropriate agencies to arrange safe, timely discharges.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from an accredited College/University is required
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical social work experience is required
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to communicate interactions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external customers needs
- Basic computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom