Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA Social Worker - Behavioral Health Eastside
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Social Worker - Behavioral Health
- Evaluates the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and coordinates appropriate discharge plans for identified patient populations.
- Acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization.
- Facilitates the implementation of timely discharge plans and facilitates follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Provides crisis intervention and support.
- Identifies and tracks barriers to patient throughput.
- Completes the social services section of the treatment plan.
- Coordinates treatment team meetings between the physician and disciplines.
- Coordinates discharge plans with attending physician or designee
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related behavior science is required
- Knowledgeable of minimum requirements for accrediting bodies, Joint Commission, state and regulatory requirements related to service delivery in the facility
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
- Social Work experience; acute care case management experience preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom