Gulf Coast Regional Medical
Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® - heart failure , heart attack , pneumonia, surgical care , and perinatal care - for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care .
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the areas only designated Pediatric ER , four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU , the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network. These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care. POSITION SUMMARY:
Facilitates timely and appropriate discharges from the hospital; identifies inappropriate or untimely services; identifies opportunities for improvements in patient care; assists patients/families in obtaining help in relation to disability, illness, financial hardship or other problems; functions as a liaison with insurance/managed care/utilization review companies and provides documentation of the above per regulatory requirements and hospital policy. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives as it relates to the provision of Case Management Services.
- Collaborates with RN Case Managers in the plan of care of patients and families within the acute setting and along the healthcare continuum.
- Assists the RN Case Manager with updates from insurance providers on discharge assistance that can be provided for the patient/family.
- Identifies and transmits system issues impacting patient care to Case Management Director.
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between the Case Managers, hospital staff, outside agencies and patient/family.
- Assists the RN Case Manager in the plan of care to ensure timely and cost-effective use of resources.
- Tracks and trends barriers to care and assists to improve processes and systems as variances are identified.
- Coordinates with the RN Case Manager and corresponds to appropriate agencies
- Assists with Baker Act placements by updating and communicating needed information to outside facilities.
- Assists with appropriate after care needs (i.e. HHC, SNF, hospice, etc).
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality care or the services delivered.
- Assists in finding community resources for unfunded patients.
BSW or MSW from an accredited institution EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
One (1) to three (3) years of social service experience
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom