Inpatient Rehab Social Worker Full Time Days
The LMSW performs discharge planning and collaborates with the full case management/patient care team for the purpose of optimizing patient care and resource usage. The Social Worker (LMSW) will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate and timely implementation of discharge plans for identified patient populations; facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care; acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will assist the RN Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput; provides crisis intervention and support.
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320-bed facility offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care. Medical City Fort Worth serves as a tertiary referral center for Tarrant County and other counties within a 90-mile radius. Established in 1974, and Accredited by The Joint Commission, Medical City Fort Worth continues to achieve national recognition for cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Social Work with a minimum of a Master's of Science in Social Work (MSW).
- Current Texas licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LMSW).
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) or obtain within two-years of employment preferred.
- Minimum of two-year's experience in an Inpatient Rehab setting.
- Hours and shifts may vary to include holidays, weekends and evenings.
- The taking of call may be required.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom