Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas
Social Worker - Inpatient Rehab
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC)
has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.Tomball Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Social Worker -Inpatient Rehab. Position Responsibilities:
The Social Worker will help facilitate discharge needs of patients with emphasis on culture, financial considerations and family dynamics. Department Specific Criteria:
- Assists patient/families with psycho-social, cultural and financial considerations that may impede recovery.
- Formulates plan for post-hospital care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings and family conferences as needed.
- Completes psycho-social assessment upon admission.
- Performs insurance updates, as requested.
• 1-3 years experience in an acute medical setting preferred
• Master's Degree (social worker) preferred, but not required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom