Under the direct supervision of the Director/Manager of Case Management, the Licensed Social Worker performs discharge planning; and collaborates with the full case management/patient care team for the purpose of optimizing patient care and resource usage. The Licensed Social Worker will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate discharge plans for identified patient populations. The Licensed Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate timely discharge plans and follow-up on anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Licensed Social Worker will assist the RN Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput. All functions will be performed in accordance with the standards, practice acts, and licensure in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320-bed facility offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care. Medical City Fort Worth serves as a tertiary referral center for Tarrant County and other counties within a 90-mile radius. Established in 1974, and Accredited by The Joint Commission, Medical City Fort Worth continues to achieve national recognition for cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care. Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Training Experience Required
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
- Hours and shifts may vary to include holidays, weekends and evenings.
- The taking of on-call is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of an accredited school of Social Work with a minimum of a Licensed Bachelor of Science in Social Work (LBSW), or Licensed Master of Science in Social Work (LMSW), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Preferred: three years of Social Work experience, acute care case management and/or discharge planning experience.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) and/or Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or obtain within two-years of employment preferred.
- Skills required Hospital computer systems, telephone, calculator, fax/ copy machine and cell phone.