The Social Worker coordinates and provides clinical social work and/or discharge planning services (in conjunction with the Case Management Team) to patients and families. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Worker is responsible for the coordination and provision of clinical social work and/or discharge planning services to patients and families in accordance with all departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Services include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Comprehensive assessment which takes into account the patient's current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems and documentation of plan in chart.
- Development and implementation of patient-centered treatment goals and plans utilizing appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Active listening and supportive counseling.
- Collaborative formulation of appropriate and realistic patient-centered discharge plans including the arrangement of any necessary follow-up services such as durable medical equipment, home health and/or placement.
- Advocacy in support of the patient's right to self-determination.
- Acting as a liaison between patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and/or other community service providers.
- Community information and referral.
- Thorough and timely documentation regarding the patient's problems, goals, plans and/or relevant Social Work interventions.
- Participation in and/or facilitation of Interdisciplinary Care Conferences.
- Timely attendance at and positive, active participation in departmental meetings.
- Education and/or consultation services to patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and the community regarding issues such as: Human behavior, psychosocial components of illness, disability, hospitalization, and/or end-of-life care. Advance directives. Community resources.
Required: Master's degree in Social Work. Basic computer skills. Must be able to communication effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Preferred: Medical Social Work experience. LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES :
Required: Current Texas Social Work licensure, acceptable licensures include LMSW, LMSW-AP and LMSW-ACP
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom