Social Work services consist of psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, and case management services for individuals, couples, families, and groups. The Social Worker facilitates timely and appropriate discharge from the hospital, identifies inappropriate or untimely services, identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care, and assists patients/families in obtaining help with regard to disability, illness, or financial hardship. The Social Worker also serves as a resource person to the hospital staff, and is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team providing care within the hospital setting to ensure patient care needs are met in the most appropriate and efficient level of the health care continuum. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Has a thorough knowledge of current clinical diagnosis and can evaluate clinical symptoms, development and personality disorders, severity of psychosocial stressors and global functioning and address medical conditions as they affect patient's functioning.
- Assists in the development/implementation of new clinical policies or programs.
- May act as the psychiatrist's co-therapist and function as an individual/family/marital psychotherapist by conducting regular therapy sessions for the psychiatric patient.
- Will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served and observes for abuse and reports to the appropriate authority as needed.
- Has comprehensive and current knowledge of community resources for supplementary treatment of clients and makes referrals, which adequately and appropriately utilize these resources.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Serves as the patient advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request
- Post graduate degree in social work required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida SW License preferred
- CPI required with 90 days of Hire
- One (1) year of therapy or counseling experience preferred.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus