Osceola Regional Medical Center
is a Joint Commission accredited 332-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Position Summary:
Provides discharge planning and assistance with social services to the patient or significant other. Collaborates with the care team and other healthcare professionals to implement an interdisciplinary process for evaluating a patients' progress from admission through return to the community. Essential Job Functions:
- Initiates the case management process to ensure patients receive the appropriate level of services across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patients' clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures all admission and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge-planning needs and coordinates the delivery of services to meet these needs.
- Evaluates the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family information. Expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate patients' progression through the healthcare system.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to ensure optimum patient care. Develops and maintains effective relationships with appropriate community resources, post-acute care facilities and medical-equipment providers to support patient care needs post discharge.
- Facilitates the discharge planning process through coordination with the interdisciplinary team and serves as a liaison to safely transition patients to the appropriate level of care. Proactively identifies and resolves issues.
- Tracks and trends barriers to care and makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems.
- Evaluates patients' educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families. Provides assistance in resolving clinical, psycho-social and financial barriers.
Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) required License/Certification:
Eligible for or currently licensed in Florida as Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Experience:
Three (3) years' recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus