Osceola Regional Medical Center
is a Joint Commission accredited, 332-bed full-service hospital featuring state-of-the-art technology and a highly skilled team of physicians and medical professionals. Located in Kissimmee, just minutes away from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana, Osceola Regional Medical Center is committed to providing accessible high-standard health care to our communities.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter's Creek which serves South Orlando.
Osceola Regional's commitment for quality and growth is evident as their parent company, HCA, and the University of Central Florida College of Medicine has announced a graduate education consortium which will increase the number of residencies and fellowship at Osceola Regional Medical Center and throughout the state of Florida. Position Summary:
Provides discharge planning and assistance with social services to the patient or significant other. Collaborates with the care team and other healthcare professionals to implement an interdisciplinary process for evaluating a patients' progress from admission through return to the community. Essential Job Functions:
- Initiates the case management process to ensure patients receive the appropriate level of services across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patients' clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures all admission and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge-planning needs and coordinates the delivery of services to meet these needs.
- Evaluates the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family information. Expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate patients' progression through the healthcare system.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to ensure optimum patient care. Develops and maintains effective relationships with appropriate community resources, post-acute care facilities and medical-equipment providers to support patient care needs post discharge.
- Facilitates the discharge planning process through coordination with the interdisciplinary team and serves as a liaison to safely transition patients to the appropriate level of care. Proactively identifies and resolves issues.
- Tracks and trends barriers to care and makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems.
- Evaluates patients' educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families. Provides assistance in resolving clinical, psycho-social and financial barriers.
Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) required License/Certification:
Eligible for or currently licensed in Florida as Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Experience:
Three (3) years' recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom