Social Worker - PRN (As Needed)
Location : Medical City Plano
Since opening our doors in 1975, Medical City Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. We've built our reputation on the exceptional compassion we offer all our patients, a legacy preserved from our simple beginnings as a small community hospital. Now, as a world-class medical facility offering the latest in technologies and a comprehensive range of health care services, Medical City Plano continues its growth to maintain its position as a leader in health care across the region.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors.
Social Worker Job Summary :
Interacts with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies. Direct patient care support functions are provided to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and frail elderly patients. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates options and services to meet the patient's needs through evaluation of available resources to provide quality, cost effective outcomes.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities :
- Provides direct social service and counseling to patients/families
- Assists in locating appropriate resources for post-discharge care
- Accurate and timely data collection
- Participate in multidisciplinary team to coordinate the client's plan
- Cross train sufficiently to team member's duties to be able to serve as back up resource
- Assesses and identifies cases for intervention
- Prioritize goals and develops a plan based on client needs
- Monitor and evaluate outcome of client's plan
- Proactive case identification
- Demonstrate behavior supportive of team achieving department goals
- Actions demonstrate protection of patient privacy and compliance with HIPPA regulations
- Collaborate with third party payors internal
Social Worker Job Requirements Include :
- Master's degree in Social Work or equivalent, current licensure by Texas State Board of Social Work
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally & in writing preferred; Skilled in specialty areas including assessing and addressing the age-specific needs of the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric and frail elderly patients
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom