The Social Worker is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the patient's health and recovery. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Utilizes social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of patient needs
- Responsible and accountable for coordination of services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
- Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care.
- Assesses and reassesses discharge planning needs throughout the course of hospitalization.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- Current state licensure as a Social Worker required. LMSW preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work required. Master of Social Work preferred.
- Previous social work experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom