For over 45 years, Memorial Hospital
has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings. The Pavilion at Memorial Health
is our behavioral health center in Jacksonville, Florida. The Pavilion is located inside the main hospital campus and the specialized unit is designed to help individuals in need of mental health treatments who may be experiencing depression, PTSD or other mental illnesses. The primary goal is to provide behavioral health services that create stability and self-sufficiency for each of our patients. We treat each of our patients as individuals and always seek to provide them with the support and comfort they deserve. Position Summary:
The Social Worker
plans, organizes, directs, defines and coordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. Provide case management, education and discharge planning. The Social Worker
performs community and educational activities. Essential Duties:
- Conducts individual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patient treatment plan.
- Facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Participates in the QA process as evidenced by audits and attendance records.
- Participates in development of master treatment plans and updates.
- Attends patient treatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Active participation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
- Performs pre-admission assessments when directed by Program Director.
- Participates in discharge planning and aftercare planning.
- Makes necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
- Plans and arranges admission to special care facilities as indicated by physician's request/needs.
- Assures completion of discharge summaries/discharge instructions.
- Documents according to policies and procedures.
- Interviews patients and families to obtain social histories and assures completion of psychosocial assessment in timeframes given by policy and guidelines.
- Assures completion of patient outcomes on admission and discharge.
- Assures contact with family members when families are available.
- Develops master treatment plan for assigned cased.
- Documents all clinical sessions held with patient/family members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required and or assigned by Program Director.
- Assist with referral development and community education activities.
- Completes all competency requirements.
- Maintains CEU's for licensure as required .
- A Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school is required
- A current license in social work (LCSW) or Mental Health (LMHC) is required
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification within 30 days of hire is required
Special or additional competencies or qualifications:
- 2-4 years in social services and/or case management is required
- Experience with psychiatric patients is preferred but not required
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks pertaining to patient issues
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
- Firm background in social service practice, patient aftercare and discharge planning is needed
- PRN position so shifts/hours are not guaranteed
- Currently looking for candidate who can work 1 or 2 shifts per week and rotating weekends - also open to candidate who could work every weekend
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom