Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX
Social Worker - Utilization Review
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Sleep Disorders
* Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
* Emergency Services
* Occupational Health and Wellness
* Senior Mental HealthMainland Medical Center
is currently looking for an Social Worker - Utilization Review. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications: Experience:
- Coordinates the integration of the social services functions into the patient care and discharge planning processes to maximize the benefits patients receive from health care services. Ages of patients served: neonate to geriatric.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process beginning upon admission.
- Completes social assessments in a timely manner.
- Works with physicians/other staff in determining a patient's social and emotional problems that may affect a patient's recovery.
- Makes arrangements with community agencies and/or facilities for patients who require post-hospital care. Makes referrals for community services for patients returning home after discharge.
- Works with patients/family having emotional/adjustment issues.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
- Minimum of two year's social services experience in a healthcare setting.
- Education in social services; MSW preferred; educational/continuing education requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of the patients.
- Current Texas licensure or certification; minimum of 30 hours continuing education as required to maintain certification.
- Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Works closely with outside social agencies, e.g., APS, CPS and with local family courts
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom