Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX
Social Worker - Utilization Review
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Sleep Disorders
* Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
* Emergency Services
* Occupational Health and Wellness
* Senior Mental HealthMainland Medical Center
is currently looking for an Social Worker - Utilization Review. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications: Experience:
- Coordinates the integration of the social services functions into the patient care and discharge planning processes to maximize the benefits patients receive from health care services. Ages of patients served: neonate to geriatric.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process beginning upon admission.
- Completes social assessments in a timely manner.
- Works with physicians/other staff in determining a patient's social and emotional problems that may affect a patient's recovery.
- Makes arrangements with community agencies and/or facilities for patients who require post-hospital care. Makes referrals for community services for patients returning home after discharge.
- Works with patients/family having emotional/adjustment issues.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
- Minimum of two year's social services experience in a healthcare setting.
- Education in social services; MSW preferred; educational/continuing education requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of the patients.
- Current Texas licensure or certification; minimum of 30 hours continuing education as required to maintain certification.
- Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Works closely with outside social agencies, e.g., APS, CPS and with local family courts