North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. Position Summary:
Supports and coordinates the social service function for patients and their families, providing discharge planning pertaining to illness, hospitalization and financial concerns and facilitates post discharge planning. Works in collaboration with the Program Director and Outpatient Coordinator to identify potential barriers to patient throughput, and quality outcomes. Works within the structure to negotiate and resolve problems and conflicts during the patient stay to ensure continuity of care. Essential Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments of each individual patient and provides appropriate therapeutic interventions as prescribed by the individualized treatment plan.
- Conducts discharge planning tasks and includes patient and family in discharge planning process.
- Communicates the benefits and changes in the various benefit plans, both in the terms of health management and financial implications to physicians, physician office staffs, Outpatient Coordinator, and patients and families as appropriate.
- Distinguishes between the levels of care available and interacts with the various benefit plans and their delivery systems to coordinate this care across the continuum.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care planning, discharge planning, clinical conferences/meetings, and medical rounds.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date documentation in the medical record and departmental records.
- Promotes close alignment with medical staff and nursing staff to facilitate appropriate discharge planning, including alternative level of care opportunities.
- Coordinates the distribution of requested clinical information to providers to ensure continuum of care.
- Completes required documentation for transfer to next level of care. Coordinates with physician for optimal information related throughout the continuum.
- Provide group and individual therapeutic interventions related to patient's individualized treatment plan.
Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Bachelor of Science degree in Social Work required
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Master's degree in Counseling Psychology preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
One (1) year experience in provision of mental health services preferred. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to complete assessments within the behavioral health field such as but not limited to: psychosocial assessments, discharge assessments and intake and admission assessments. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
Current BLS required
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom