IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) Inventory Technician Empowered.
Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer).Responsibilities:
The Inventory team at IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) is challenged with maintaining the hardware and servers Inventory stock and the ordering of new hardware as well as receiving of new server shipments. The team also assists with the audits of all Inventory items. We are looking for individuals with experience in all facets of Inventory services. If you are a person who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, the candidate will have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) a place where you want to be - a place where you're proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.Responsibilities include
- Computer hardware component identification
- Enter hardware tracking information into database
- Verification of proper shipment and the tracking of new inbound shipments
- 1 year of inventory control experience
- Troubleshooting servers and workstations and various hardware components
- Necessary repairs/fixes after troubleshooting
- Focus on work ethic in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to accept and complete task with a painstaking attention to detail.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs
- 2 years of inventory control experience preferred
In order for IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants and to afford IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with our parent company, IBM. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to IBM, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, IBM Corporation.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.