Prepare, review and analyze monthly fixed asset activities and reporting including
- Review journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Provide detail and summary level analysis of domestic and international capital spending including capital leases, and impacts to the balance sheet and income statement
- Work closely with Operations and Accounts Payable teams to understand business transactions and ensure they are processed and accounted for in appropriate categories accurately.
- Review and record Fixed Assets transaction including addition, disposal and transfer in the accounting system according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintain and balance Fixed Asset general ledger and subsidiary ledger, verifying and reconciling transactions. Resolve any discrepancy during the reconciliation process
- Identify process improvement opportunities. Provide feedback timely and suggest effective and efficient solutions.
- Advise and maintain appropriate international and domestic tax records and accruals related to capital expenditures
- Support SOX testing requests and other internal audit requirements
1. Fixed asset related journal entries in general ledger and loading to the separate subsidiary ledger
2. Record monthly depreciation and perform analysis of depreciation reasonableness
3. Capital expenditure and lease reporting
4. Fixed Asset rollforward
5. Fixed asset spending versus budget comparison reporting
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.