Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
SCADA development and software applications for energy management, responsibilities include engineering of systems typically used in the monitoring and control of electrical power distribution. Specific tasks may include consulting with internal and external customers to confirm system operation requirements, electrical one-line drawings verification, specs review, plan project's tasks and schedule with project managers, sporadically assist sales engineers on estimates.
Also, configuring and commissioning SE Power Monitoring Systems, integration of PLC applications and HMI interfaces, specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project, and performing start-up services, troubleshooting and training for commissioned systems.
Domestic travel up to 25% to customer sites required.
This position requires sporadic presence at customer sites, as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include background and credit checks, etc. Qualifications: Qualifications, Essential
- HMI/SCADA installation and configuration experience, including graphical screen and database development
- HMI/SCADA solutions development experience for electrical power monitoring and control applications
- Good understanding of communication protocols and interfaces such as ModBus and IEC 61850
- PLC basic programming and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in designing and commissioning power monitoring systems
- Exposure to emergency power generation and distribution, including switchgear control applications and generator control applications
- Supporting development of software standards for modular, scalable, reusable solutions
- Knowledge and exposure to computer programming languages (VB, C#, C , Java script), database design (MS-SQL), HTML development.
- BS in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering with emphasis on control systems, software engineering or computer science
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, people skills, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards, such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed
- Willingness to travel
- Stable work history
- Citect Certified Engineer (CCE)
- HMI development experience with Citect, Profit Suite, Wonderware, Intellution, iFix, PanelView and Magelis.
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, IEC61850, etc.
- Implementation of IEC61850 protocol for Substation Automation
- Exposure to low and medium voltage switchgear troubleshooting experience
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware.
- Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution. (system integration)
- Programming experience with Schneider / Modicon PLCs, using Concept or Unity Pro programming software
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.